Safe Use of Product
Read all warnings and cautions on product and in this guide before installation. If you have questions regarding this product, contact ALDON Company,Inc.
- Rail For use with typical North American freight t-rail sections. For use on rail size 85-141 lbs./yd. Consult ALDON Company, Inc. before using this stop on any other type
of rail. Rails must be #1 relay grade or better.
- Ties Rails must be fully-spiked to sound wooden ties.
Ties must be well-tamped and perpendicular to the rails, so that stops will be exactly aligned with each other. Do not install on tracks supported by concrete, steel, or resin ties.
- For flat track only. Do not use on descending grades.
- Location Leave 3 to 4 ties length of rail behind the car stops for added strength. Do not install these stops at the very end of any siding.
- Stops are to be used in pairs. Never attempt to use this product with only one stop in place or in conjunction with a different type or manufacturer of stop.
- For use with standard size freight cars only. For 1-3 cars. For longer consists use a bumping post.
- Coast into stops. Do not strike stops under power.
- Maintain a painted finished for good visibility and rust resistance.
- Inspect stop and mounting clamp nuts for adequate tightness at intervals.
- Replace if damaged or excessive wear is evident.