This product is manufactured by Aldon®
For locomotives and freight cars.
Wheel Diameter 26" - 48"
Urethane is truly the Miracle Material — combining great resistance to loads with the ability to compress to half of its thickness and then spring back to its original shape. Urethane will not degrade from corrosive materials and most chemicals.
Molded transverse ribbing squeegees out water and dirt from rail surface, to increase holding power.
SPARK-PROOF Urethane Wheel Chocks are tough enough to block a tank car, but resilient enough that the car can be pulled over the chock by a locomotive without derailing. No more trying to yank free a steel chock that is stuck under a wheel. When it’s time to move, just pull the car over the chock and retrieve the chock later.
- 4” high, ideal for chocking locomotives.
- Available in exposed rail or flush rail version.
- Handles are 24” long. When installed on flush rail, the handles are 1-1/2” above the pavement for easy grasping.
- Wt: 9 lbs.
- For use on flat track only. Do not use chocks on grades.
- Set brake before installing chocks. Rail car or locomotive must be stopped and brakes applied before chocks can be placed.
- Do not use chock if rail car or locomotive is lifted up at one end for inspection or repair.
- Chock both ends of the rail car or locomotive.
- Use on rails 90 to 155 lbs./yd.
- For wheel diameters 26" - 48".
- Do not use on oily or greasy rail as chock will slide.
- When rail car is ready to be moved, you may pull car over chocks. They will return to their original shape.
- Replace chocks if urethane is torn or cracked.